The single channel Loop Powered Digital Output Isolator D5040S is suitable for driving solenoid valves, visual or audible alarms to alert a plant operator, or other process control devices in Hazardous Area from driving signals in Safe Area. It can also be used as controllable supplies to power measuring or process control equipment.
Its use is allowed in applications requiring up to SIL 3 level (according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed. 2) in safety related systems for high risk industries. The Safety PLC or DCS driving signals control the field devices through D5040S , which provide isolation.
For each channel two basic output circuits are selectable, with different safety parameters, to interface the majority of devices on the market. The selection among the two output characteristics is obtained by connecting the field device to a different couple of terminal blocks.
Mounting on standard DIN-Rail or on customized Termination Boards, in Safe Area or in Zone 2.
• SIL 3 according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed. 2 for lifetime = 20 yrs
• PFDavg (1 year) 0.00 E+00, SFF 100 %.
• Output to Zone 0 (Zone 20), installation in Zone 2.
• Loop powered for NE loads.
• Output short circuit proof and current limited.
• Two port isolation, Input/Output.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety systems.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN-Rail and plug-in terminal blocks, or customized Termination Boards.
• 250 Vrms (Um) max. voltage allowed to the instruments associated with the barrier.
1 (2 channels: D5040D