The single channel Switch/Proximity Detector Repeater D5036S module is a unit suitable for applications requiring SIL 2 level (according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed. 2) in safety related systems for high risk industries.
The unit can be configured for switch or proximity detector (EN60947-5-6, NAMUR), NO or NC and for NE or ND SPST (D5036D) or SPDT (D5036S) relay output contact. Each channel enables a Safe Area load to be controlled by a switch, or a proximity detector, located in Hazardous Area.
Fault detection circuit (DIP switch configurable) is available for both proximity sensor and switch equipped with end of line resistors. In case of fault, when enabled it de-energizes the corresponding output relay and turns the fault LED on; when disabled the corresponding output relay repeats the input line open or closed status as configured.
Mounting on standard DIN-Rail, with or without Power Bus, in Safe Area or in Zone 2.
• Systematic capability SIL 3.
• Input from Zone 0 (Zone 20), installation in Zone 2.
• NO/NC switch/proximity Detector Input, NE/ND relay actuation mode.
• Field open and short circuit detection.
• Three port isolation, Input/Output/Supply.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
• In-field programmability by DIP Switch.
• High Density, two channels per unit.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN-Rail and plug-in terminal blocks, with or without Power Bus.
• 250 Vrms (Um) max. voltage allowed to the instruments associated with the barrier.
1 (2 channels: D5036D