D5000 - D5200 Series Information
View all models
G.M. International new universal mount Intrinsic Safety Galvanic
Isolators provide the most simple and cost effective
means of implementing Intrinsic Safety into your Hazardous Area
- More than 40 modules suitable for SIL 3 applications according to IEC 61508, IEC 61511.
- Independent power supply circuit for each channel.
- Double units are equivalent to two single units
because of the absence of common circuitry.
- Single channel versions available if required,
to provide single loop integrity on Emergency Shut
Down and Fire & Gas applications.
- Configuration components are easily accessed by removing cover.
- DIP switch configurability for easy field setup.
- LED indication for power, signal status and line fault conditions.
- Modules accept DC power supply over a wide range for 24 Vdc (20-30 Vdc) applications.
- Wide operating temperature range: -40 to +60/+70 °C.
- Installation in Zone 2 / Division 2.
- Certified for Offshore and Marine applications.
- High signal transfer accuracy and repeatability.
- Advanced circuitry provides very low heat
dissipation, ensuring modules run cool despite their
high density and functionality.
- SMD manufacturing to maximize lifetime and enhance reliability.
- Complete absence of electrolytic capacitors ensures
minimum 20 years lifetime.
^ 6 mm per channel + low power consumption
High packing density
- DIN-Rail 35 mm Top Hat mounting.
- Ultra slim 2 channels 12 mm wide DIN-Rail and
Termination Board mounting modules.
- Power and fault on bus connectors.
- 6 mm per channel means 50% space reduction.
- Wide range of digital and analog I/O.
- SIL 3 Safety Relay contacts rated for 4 A or 10 A for direct switching of high loads.
- Three port galvanic isolation to eliminate noise,ground loop problems and to provide Intrinsic Safety without a high integrity safety earth connection.
- Line fault alarm detects open or short circuit of field cables.
- Optional power bus DIN-Rail connector.
- Standard Termination Board, custom connectors for integration into customized Boards.
- EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
Certifications and Approvals
D5000 Series is applied for:
- Intrinsic Safety Certification to CENELEC according 94/9/EC (ATEX).
- European Directives for EMC.
- SIL 2 and SIL3 modules according standards IEC61508 and IEC61511