Single to Quad Channel Digital Output Isolating Driver, SIL 3
The D104* series are quad channel DIN Rail Digital Output Modules enabling a Safe Area contact, logic level or drive signal, to control a device in Hazardous Area, providing 3 port isolation (input/output/supply). Typical applications includes driving signalling LED’s, visual or audible alarms to alert a plant operator or driving a solenoid valve or other process control devices. It can also be used as a controllable supply to power measuring or process control equipment in Hazardous Area. Output channels can be paralleled if more power is required; 2 or 3 channels in parallel (depending on the model) are still suitable for Gas Group II C. Four basic models meet a large number of applications: it is possible to obtain 16 different combinations of safety parameters and driving currents.
• Output to Zone 0 (Zone 20), Division 1, installation in Zone 2, Division 2.
• Voltage input, contact, logic level, common positive or common negative, loop powered or bus powered.
• Flexible modular multiple output capability.
• Output short circuit proof and current limited.
• Three port isolation, Input/Output/Supply.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4.
• High Reliability, SMD components.
• High Density, four channels per unit.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN Rail and plug-in terminal blocks.
• 250 Vrms (Um) max. voltage allowed to the instruments associated with the barrier.