The D5293S is a relay module suitable for the switching of safety related circuits, up to SIL 3 level according to IEC 61508:2010 Ed.2 , for high risk industries. It provides isolation between input and output contacts. Line input monitoring, to allow DCS/PLC line monitoring function, can be enabled or disabled by DIP-Switch programming; when enabled the module permits a wide compatibility to DCS/PLC manufacturer. Input line pulse testing, executed by DCS/PLC, is permitted by a dedicated internal circuit, to prevent relay and LED flickering.
A low voltage input monitor is also provided to reflect a high impedance state to the control unit when the driving voltage is below the specified threshold.
D5293S provides 1+1 SPST contact for normally energized load. SIL 3 Safety Function for NE load (de-energized in fail safe state) is available at Terminal Blocks 13-14; When the driving signal is high (24 Vdc), the relay is energized (normal state), SIL 3 contacts at terminals 13-15 and 14-16 are closed, the load is energized.
The safety function is met when the driving signal is low (0 Vdc), the relay is de-energized (fail safe state), SIL 3 contacts at terminals 13-15 and 14-16 are opened, the load is de-energized. Load is isolated from supply on both polarities: +/AC, -/AC.
• Installation in Zone 2.
• Line input monitoring in-field DIP Switch selectable.
• Driving input voltage monitoring.
• Line and Load short/open circuit detection.
• Solenoid resistance measurement even in presence of serial connected diodes.
• RMS measurement of voltage and current supplied to the load via relay contacts.
• DC earth leakage detection on both ac phases.
• Voltage to the load is measured before and during load energization.
• Automatic acquisition of voltage, current and solenoid resistance values at start up phase.
• 4 A SIL 3 contacts for NE load.
• 6 A inrush current at 24 Vdc / 250 Vac.
• Input/Output isolation.
• EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4, EN61326-1, EN61326-3-1 for safety system.
• ATEX, IECEx Certifications.
• Simplified installation using standard DIN-Rail and plug-in terminal blocks, with or withoutPower Bus, or customized Termination Boards.
• Patent pending for Differential Current Resistance Measuring Technique.
24 Vdc nom (21.6 to 27.6 Vdc)