D2000M series Intrinsically Safe Multiplexing System consists of one to four Analog-Temperature Multiplexer units model D2010M, up to twelve Expander units model D2011M, or up to four Digital Multiplexer units model D2030M, mounted in Hazardous Area/Hazardous Locations Zone 1-2, Gas Group IIC-IIB-IIA T4 or Class I, Division 1-2, Group A, B, C, D T4 and connected via a single/redundant 2 wires data communication/supply line to a Modbus Gateway unit model D2050M, mounted in Safe Area/Non Hazardous Locations and connected to a PLC, DCS or PC. Multiplexer D2010M units can be installed in the field, close to input sensors, for data acquisition of signal from Hazardous Area/Hazardous Locations Zone 0-1-2 or Class I, Class II, Class III, Division 1-2. The units are primarily intended for Hazardous Area/Hazardous Locations acquisition of low level signals from mV, thermocouples, thermoresistances or mA (via external shunt device like D1090Q four channel shunt resistor) sources. D2010M scans all channels using state of the art solid state isolated relays, and stores all data in a memory buffer, where they can be rapidly accessed by the Modbus Gateway D2050M unit. Each D2010M unit accepts directly up to 16 input channels and, by adding from one to three D2011M units, is expandable to 64 channels in blocks of 16 channels each. Four D2010M units, connected to twelve D2011M Expander units, achieve 256 inputs with a single Modbus Gateway D2050M unit. Redundant communication is obtained by dual data/supply interface line. Safety parameters mantain compatibility with Gas Group IIC or Gas Group A and B, even in redundant mode. An integrating type, high rejection, high accuracy (18 bits) A/D converter, provides accurate and stable measurements. All parameters are software configurable by serial commands via D2050M Gateway unit. Functions and serial commands for RS-232 and RS-485 protocols are provided in the instruction manual.
- Intrinsically Safe for installation in Zone 1, 2 Gas Group IIC, IIB, IIA T4 or Class I, Division 1, 2 Groups A, B, C, D, Temperature Code T4 and Class I, Zone 1, 2 Groups IIC, IIB, IIA, Temperature Code T4 Hazardous Area/Hazardous Location.
- Universal inputs (mV, TC, RTD) from Zone 0, 1, 2 or Class I, II, III, Division 1, 2, Groups A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and Class I, Zone 0, 1, 2 Groups IIC, IIB, IIA Hazardous Location.
- Isolation of 200 V input to input (mV or TC), 60 V input to input (RTD) and 500 V input to ground, allows grounded sensors.
- Expandability up to 256 analog channels per system and 31 systems on a single Modbus serial link for up to 7936 channels.
- Redundant field lines for communication/supply.
- High accuracy A/D converter, 18 bits.
- EMC Compatibility to EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4.
- High density, 16 channels per unit, 256 channels per system.
- Configurable via D2050M Gateway using PC SWC2090 software (free of charge) or user software.
- Modbus output allows savings on PLC/DCS I/O cards cost.
- Lower cables, installation and maintenance costs.
- 1 terminal block per input, no external terminal block required.